Summer has arrived! At least in my book 🙂
Are you looking for a romantic getaway?
Here’s 6 suggestions where you won’t need a passport:
- Hawaii – I don’t even have to name an island or city, basically anywhere is paradise. Sun, sand, palm trees, ocean and volcanoes. It’s a recipe for love.
- Charleston, South Carolina – If strolling through a historic town with plenty of art galleries and Southern cuisine is your idea of romance, then Charleston is where you should head. This southern town always puts me in mind of the Old South where gentlemen and their ladies would stroll down the street arm-in-arm in their best clothes.
- St. Augustine, FL – More history can be found in St. Augustine, Florida. Founded by the Spaniards in 1565, it still has cobblestone streets and historic buildings to please all. Throw in the beautiful beaches and a ghost or two and you have the perfect mix for a romantic getaway.
- Vail, CO – Set in the White National Forest, Vail is home to the Vail Ski Resort. This resort has it all: for winter sports lovers you’ll ski or snowboard by day and snuggle by a fireplace at night or for summer sports lovers you’ll golf, hike and enjoy festivals by day and take moonlight walks at night. All year round this is the place for romance!
- Niagara Falls, NY – Niagara Falls is still a very popular honeymoon destination. If you stay on the US side you won’t need a passport and believe me, there is plenty to do on “our side.” There are hikes, gardens, shopping and of course the Falls to explore to fill your day then conclude it by watching the Falls at night lit-up with colors and fireworks. Even in winter, the Falls are something to see and wonder.
- Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC – This 8,000 acre estate nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina has romance written all over it. Tour the house of George and Edith Vanderbilt with its Banquet Hall with 70′ ceiling, library with 10,000 books (my dream library), an indoor pool and bowling alley. Hike the grounds with numerous gardens, both formal and in-formal, visit the historic winery, travel back in time at the Antler Hill Village & Farm then check out the activities at the Outdoor Adventure Center. You can even bring your horses and explore the 80 miles of trails!
Romance can be found anywhere you look.
This list could be endless…what places would you add?