I love tea and drink it everyday. So … what do you do with all those used tea bags?
I am a really big supporter of a recycle & reuse lifestyle so here are 5 uses for steeped tea bags:
1. Cleaning – The astringents in tea cuts through grease so use them to clean your pots and pans.
2. Deodorizing – Tea bags absorb odors so you can use them to get fish/onion/garlic odors off your hands. You can also stick them (once dried) in stinking sneakers to refresh them. Of course, if they’re this bad maybe you should just fill them with dirt and plant flowers in them.
3. Gardening – Tea is very acidic and full of nutrients so add them to your compost pile, but make sure the bags are made of biodegradable materials and organic. They can also be used as a drainage layer in pots.
4. Grooming – Tea has relaxing and soothing properties so throw a few bags in your bath next time and enjoy!
5. Healing – Tea has many healing benefits so use the wet (but not hot) bags on your tired eyes, sunburn, insect bites or minor burns. You could also bite down on them to help speed the healing of canker sores.
Does anyone else have uses for our used tea bags? I’d love to hear them.
Sources: http://www.teatulia.com and diycozyhome.com
Hong Kong Treasure – A deadly Philippines typhoon stole Annie’s memory. Now, can a handsome Chinese stranger save her from the danger she has forgotten?
Coming in September from Assent Publishing.