I love herbal teas and I love cats. So naturally, I would love the idea of cat cafes!
The world’s first cat cafe opened in Taiwan in 1998 and since, they have sprung up across the globe.
Cat cafes would naturally appeal to cat lovers but they serve a more important purpose. They let people who are not allowed pets in their apartments/condos, ‘rent‘ a cat or two for awhile. Also, people with family allergy issues or someone who has a spouse/mate who refuses to let a cat into their living space can come to a cat cafe to get their daily/weekly cat fix. And any cat lover will tell you they would die without a constant supply of their cat fix 🙂
Benefits people can get from cat cafes:
- a warm, fuzzy cat to snooze in their lap
- cat-themed foods and desserts (although it may be a bit pricey)
- you may get to provide a forever home for a cat – many cat cafes help find homes for strays
- purrs to lower your heart rate and blood pressure
- licks from a scratchy pink tongue
Cat cafes can be found in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, New York City, Oregon, Russia, Japan and others. So look up the closest one to you and go give it a try!
Has anyone ever been to a cat cafe? I’d love to hear where you went and what you thought of it. Or just the idea of cat cafes in general – what do you think? Would you be likely to try it out?
(Here is a photo of our Aggie Girl, a rescue 8 years ago)