I have recently been awarded the Real Neat Blog and Premio Dardos Awards by Marjorie Mallon at Kyrosmagica. Thank you very much, Marjorie! I really enjoy writing this blog and it’s nice to know that others enjoy reading it.
So here goes…
The rules for the Real Neat Blog Award:
- Put award logo in post.
- Answer 7 questions by person who nominated you (my questions are at the end of this post).
- Nominate any number of bloggers (with their links).
- Let these bloggers know you nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
Rules for the Premio Dardos Award:
Premio dardos means “prize darts” in Spanish. It is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.
- Post award on your blog with the name of the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
- Pass the award onto 15 worthy blogs.
Questions for me:
- Do you have any unusual pastimes? – Why yes, I do. I enjoy building and decorating doll houses and miniature scenes. I’ve created two houses, a woodland scene and am now creating a houseboat. This is a picture of one of my houses, my Victorian cottage where a Confederate General’s widow lives with her seven cats.
- Have you ever fallen in love at first sight? – Of course, with my husband. We met through mutual friends just after high school and have been together ever since. Let’s hear it for 30 years of marriage!
- What kind of books do you like to read and do you have a favorite? – I enjoy romances, which is good since that is what I write 🙂 To get a sneak peek at my new romance, Hong Kong Treasure (released very soon by Assent Publishing) go to Romance by D Dominik Wickles. I also enjoy reading mysteries, young adult adventures and some horror. There are so many good books out there, it is impossible to have a favorite.
- If you had a choice of listening to a music concert, going to a film or attend the theater or art/photo exposition, which would you choose? – I love to go to the theater, the stage, the atmosphere and the actors are all stimulating.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? – I have always wanted to see Hong Kong and China.
- What is your favorite and least favorite foods? – I’m unusual since I love vegetables and fruit. I won’t eat seafood.
- Are you good at keeping secrets? – Yes, I am. In fact, I never told anyone that my friend…oops 🙂
My 15 worthy blogs:
- Vegetarian Wife’s Blog – A blog of a wife married to a vegetarian.
- Katzenworld – If you love cats, you will really enjoy this blog!
- Misifusa’s Blog – “The Presents of Presence.”
- Hairball Express – Another wonderful blog about cats 🙂
- One Spoiled Cat – Another wonderful blog about cats 🙂
- Three Cat Yard – Cats – are you sensing a pattern here?
- I Do Wander Everywhere – A great travel blog.
- Think Positive, Be Positive – A blog with wisdom and humor about life.
- Where’s My Backpack? – “A love affair with travel.”
- Wind Against Current – This blog covers a little bit about everything of life.
- The Task at Hand – “A writer’s ongoing search for just the right words.”
- American History & Ancestry – A blog about American history.
- China’s Lost Panda – A great blog about China and the Chinese.
- Eating Whole – Plant-based, gluten-free and allergy-free cooking.
- Food, Passion & Love – More recipes!
My Questions for My Blog Nominees:
- Would you rather read a book or watch tv? What are some of your favorites?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Where have you traveled and do you have a favorite place/trip?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you believe in romance?
- Would you rather get a bouquet of flowers or a bottle of wine?
- If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would buy?
And there you have it. Hope you connect with some new (to you), great blogs and meet new people. After all isn’t that what this Internet thing is all about? We’ve made the world seem a little bit cozier.
Hong Kong Treasure – A devastating typhoon stole Annie’s memory. And now, can a handsome Chinese stranger save her from the danger she has forgotten?
Coming soon! Look for it on Amazon, B&N, Sony and others.