Wow! I’ve only been blogging since November 2013, so imagine my surprise when I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’d like to thank Marjorie Mallon at Kyrosmagica, who also has a lovely blog. Be sure and check her’s out.
So the rules of this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominates you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 or more bloggers you admire
- Contact chosen bloggers to let them know you are nominating them
Okay, here goes…
Seven Things About Myself:
- I am a Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac. The dragon is one of the most powerful and lucky signs of the zodiac. A dragon has a warm heart, is giving, intelligent and charming. Tie that in with my American Zodiac sign of Leo the Lion and there must be a lot of power packed into my petite frame 🙂
- I am a reader and author. Ever since I learned to read, I have read books. And more books. And even more books. Eventually, I began writing my own stories and now my first novel-length, romance will be published this fall. To read an excerpt of Hong Kong Treasure check out Romance by D. Dominik Wickles.
- I build and decorate dollhouses. I’ve always loved dollhouses so building mini-worlds is one of my hobbies. I have a French Colonial, a Victorian cottage, a tiny woodland creature’s home and am currently building a houseboat.
- I studied Tae Kwon Do & Combat Hapkido. Tae Kwon Do is a school of martial arts and Combat Hapkido is heavy on self-defense. Both are Korean. I loved the kicks and strikes of Tae Kwon Do but the sparing in Combat Hapkido made me a mass of bruises. Martial arts are excellent for fitness and self-discipline, besides being a load of fun.
- I love cats. About eight years ago on an icy November day, a small kitten appeared on our front porch and stayed there all day. By evening time, with the temperature sinking, we let her into the house. She meowed and brushed against us to say thank you. After checking around for her owners, we ended up adopting her. Or she adopted us, which is what pets will do. I named her Miss Agatha Christie and my sons shortened it to Aggie. Aggie is a spoiled, pampered, loved and enjoyed part of our family!
- I do yoga for fitness and stretching. Yoga is for everyone because you only have to do as much as you can do. There are so many, easy positions which do wonders for your body. Yoga and meditation are excellent for de-stressing and detoxing.
- I am a vegan. That means I am a vegetarian who doesn’t eat dairy, honey or eggs. I eat a plant-based diet.
15 Blogs I follow, enjoy and have nominated for this award:
My Hong Kong Husband
Peanut Butter and Mussels
Kayaks, Canoes & Shoes
Travel Tales of Life
What an Amazing World!
Dream of a City
Charlotte Johnson 888
Bailey Boat Cat
Lessons with Oscar
Catwoods Porch Party
One Spoiled Cat
The Hopeful Herbalist
Before I forget
I am so tickled to be nominated for this award!
Anyone else nominated for this or another blogging award?
Hong Kong Treasure – A deadly Philippines typhoon stole Annie’s memory. Now, can a handsome Chinese stranger save her from the danger she has forgotten?
Coming this September!
Whether you want to find a new relationship, spice up an old one or just keep things hot with your current relationship, here are some Feng Shui tips to help. They are so simple, why not give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.
This post takes my previous post Get a Romance Filled Bedroom with Feng Shui even further.
To attract a new mate:
- In red ink on white paper write a list of all the qualities of your ideal mate, then place the list in a small silver box along with the a picture of 2 peony blossoms and place the box in the Relationship area of the bedroom (SW section) for 49 days.
- Free up space in your closet and bedroom for your new mate’s “things.”
- Remove anything related to past relationships that didn’t work. You don’t want the negative energy hanging around.
- Display a piece of art depicting a loving couple in the Relationship area of the bedroom (SW).
- But most important of all – Love Yourself – because you cannot have a healthy, loving relationship with another until you learn to love yourself first. So take some time reviewing your good qualities. List them down and give yourself a pep talk everyday! Once you exude the confidence which comes from loving yourself, you will start attracting the right mate for you.
To Keep the Spice Going with Your Current Relationship:
- Diffuse 2 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil in a small bowl of steaming water. Rub a drop of the solution onto your neck and a drop or two onto your pillowcases.
- Silk sheets and pillowcases are soft, luxurious and sensual and if they are in the shades of reds and golds they scream romance.
- Keep fresh flowers in the bedroom. A square vase signifies stability.
- Continue the shades of reds and golds throughout the room with curtains and rugs.
- Hang wind chimes in the Relationship area of the bedroom (SW) to stimulate good energy.
- Display loving and romantic art pieces throughout the room. Some examples would be kissing cherubs, mandarin ducks and doves (Mandarin Ducks and doves mate for life). Make sure whatever you display is in pairs.
- Candles are the best form of romantic lighting for bedrooms, softening all our rough edges. Be sure to keep them in pairs (2, 4, 6…) just like the pillows.
- Mirrors above the bed have been associated with romance but according to Feng Shui they are bad news. Any mirror which reflects the bed (even mirrored closet doors) invites a 3rd party into the relationships (infidelity). So mirrors must be small and face away from the bed.
If you try any of these tips, or find others, I would love to hear what you thought of the results.
Leave a comment – let’s start a conversation!
Some websites to read further on this subject: fengshui.about.com, http://www.tishamorris.com and http://www.fastfengshui.com.
Hong Kong Treasure – A devastating Philippines typhoon stole Annie’s memory. Now, can a handsome Chinese stranger save her from the danger she has forgotten?
Coming this September!
Read an excerpt at: Romance Books by D. Dominik Wickles