As the year dwindles out, my thoughts turn to the new year and resolutions. A brand new year can be a fresh start. A new beginning. A new you.
If you’ve read my Feng Shui posts before, you know a little bit about how it works. If you haven’t, click here. Or check out the websites listed at the end of this post.
What do you want in the new year? A new love?
If what you want in 2016 is a new and lasting love – concentrate in your bedroom.
- Is your bedroom cluttered? Is your closet so jammed packed you can’t even close the doors? Is you bed practically held up by everything you have shoved underneath it?
- Is any art work or knickknacks in your bedroom of singular persuasion? In other words, do you have a picture hanging above your bed of someone walking on a beach alone? Or a ship in a storm? Or a single cute little giraffe statue on your dresser?
- Do you sleep with whimsical bunnies on your sheets? Or dangerous jungle animals?
To attract love, you need to have an uncluttered bedroom with decorative items in pairs and “room” for that new someone. Make room in your closet, leave space on both sides of your bed and have matching night stands.
Do you want a new job in 2016?
If you are seeking new or better employment – concentrate on your front entry.
- Is your front door obscured by shrubs and overgrown trees?
- Has the light above your front door been burned out since Reagan was president?
- Is your inside entry cluttered with shoes, coats and bags?
- Is your entryway dark and shadowed?
With a well-tended and brightly inviting front door opportunities will come knocking. Trim the plants around your door and mend any broken steps or pathways leading to your door. Make sure your front step is brightly lit and welcoming, inside and out.
As with all resolutions, they can become overwhelming. If you can only do one thing, resolve to clear out the clutter in your home. Clutter signifies “baggage” both physical and emotional, that can interfere with our quality of life. You don’t have to do it all in one day. Start small. Start with one room then move to the next. You’ll be surprised at the changes in yourself and your life.
Have you made any resolutions? If so, what are they? Could Feng Shui help you achieve those resolutions?
For information, tips and suggestions on Feng Shui, check out these websites: