It’s March so that means it’s time for Spring and Romance.
The trees are budding and the first flowers are blooming…turns a female heart to her next Romance read.
With so many Romance subgenres, there truly is a Romance for everyone!
Here is a list of the Romance subgenres and a few authors to try within that subgenre:
- Historical Romance – That’s right, it’s romance that takes place in the past, most often in the American West, Medieval England and Regency England. Here are some authors to try Mary Jo Putney, Amanda Quick, Beatrice Small.
- Contemporary Romance – These take place in the present and tend toward humorous and often suspenseful. (This is my favorite romance subgenre and the type of books I like to write.) Some authors to try would be Jennifer Crusie, Elizabeth Bevarly, Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
- Category Romance – These romances are often shorter and written in series. Some authors to try would be Suzanne Brockmann, Elizabeth Lowell.
- Futuristic and Fantasy Romance – These romances are obviously written in the future or in an imaginary world. Some authors to try would be Dara Joy, Susan Grant.
- Paranormal Romance – You guessed it. These romances contain vampires, ghosts or other creatures. Some authors to try would be Susan Krinard, Christine Feehan.
- Time Travel Romance – Just like the name implies, these romances involve traveling in time. Some authors to try would be Lynn Kurland, Sandra Hill.
- Gothic Romance – These are mostly romances of the past with authors such as Victoria Holt and Mary Stewart (I love these old ones!).
- Romantic Suspense – These books generally involve plots dealing with drug dealers, smugglers and stalkers. Some authors to try would be Susan Anderson, Tammy Hoag, Melinda Leigh.
So go out and try new subgenres, you’re bound to find your next Romance love. And never be afraid to try a new author, hundreds come out each month.
What are your favs when it comes to Romance reading?
Spring is in the air (or will be shortly for my northern friends & followers) so my romantic mind turns to weddings.
- Big church weddings
- Small chapel weddings
- Beach weddings
- Garden weddings
- Large society weddings
- Intimate family weddings
I love all kinds of weddings because they involve two people pledging their love for each other.
Through the years, wedding venues, receptions, color schemes, etc., may branch out but there are still some things that stay the same.
Roses are still the most used flower followed by tulips then canna lilies.
Black & White is the most popular color scheme followed by reds then whites.
Churches are still the most popular venue for weddings followed by ballroom/banquet hall then beaches.
June is still the most popular month to get married followed by September then October.
So, let’s hear about your wedding? Did you stick with the time-honored traditions or branch out to show your uniqueness?
Mine was a traditional summer church wedding with a full dress and train, roses in my bouquet and my bridesmaids in coral.
To celebrate, how about some dragons to enjoy…
Even cute, adorable dragons…
Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments.
Other related posts:
Chinese New Year 2017
Chinese New Year 2016!
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and love is definitely in the air.
Love of spouses, children & pets:
Love Comes in All Shapes & Sizes
If there is a wedding in your future…
Let Feng Shue Make Your Wedding Lucky
Beautiful Beach Wedding Attire
Also check out my Wedding page on Pinterest…
Want to attract love into your life…
10 Feng Shui Tips for Love & Romance
Spice Up Your Love Life
And if you need some last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts…
Check out my Valentine’s Day page on Pinterest
Or for 5 Fun and Frugal Last Minute Valentine Gifts try this site
I wish everyone a fun and loving Valentine’s Day!
This week’s Daily Post Photo Challenge is to show Variations on a Theme.
So, here are some photos we took of my son 3 or 4 summers ago at Allegheny National Forest in New York.
Other photo challenge posts:
Air Plant Collage
I Love Bridges
Want a lucky 2018? Why not try a few of these tips…
Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese art of arrangement in relation to the flow of energy.
(To learn more about Feng Shui, check out the sites listed at the end of this post)
Lucky Colors to wear for 2018
The lucky colors for this year are of the Earth and Fire element:
Mix these colors in your outfits and you may swing some luck your way this year. Nervous about a big interview or presentation? Why not use these colors to help boost your confidence?
Tips for the home or office:
- Clutter is a no-no. The secret to good energy is flow. It needs to flow through your house or office without running into too many obstacles. So, clean out your house or office of unnecessary or broken items. I could never be 100% a minimalist but I know I feel better when my house is cleared of clutter.
- Get rid of negative energy. You should not keep any items that have negative memories attached to them. A souvenir from a trip with an ex-boyfriend or an old cast from your broken leg while on a ski trip, can all promote negative energy for you. Throw them away. Try to keep only items that have happy memories attached or items representing a goal you wish to achieve.
- Let the fresh air in! Nothing dissolves stale energy like fresh air. I know people who never crack a window – it’s either the heat or air system on all year-long. Fresh air brings much-needed humidity into the dry winter air and in the summer you need to sweep out allergens and dust to sleep better. Figure out the direction of your wind and open the windows in that direction and directly opposite to create a refreshing cross breeze.
- Let the sun shine in. Let as much natural light into your house or office to raise your mood and flood the space with positive energy. If you have a room with no windows or an inadequate window, you can still mimic natural light with light-colored walls and decor items such as a poster of a bright sunny day. Banish the doom and gloom from your world! These are just a few things you can do to improve your life energy. If you try any of these tips, be sure to let me know how it goes for you.
To read some of my other Feng Shui sites, check these out:
How To Feng Shui A New Home
Feng Shui Intuitive Collage
To learn more about Feng Shui and what it can do for you, check out these sites:
Know Feng Shui
Feng Shui For Real Life
I wish everyone a positive and lucky 2018!