Both Earth Day and the Daily Post’s Photo Challenge put me in the mood to talk about recycling, re-purposing and reused.
If you stop and think about it, just about everything can be recycled, re-purposed and reused.
- Old bed sheets can be cut up for cleaning and garage rags.
- Used tea bags can deodorize sneakers and boots. (For more uses see 5 Uses for Used Tea Bags )
- The brown paper used as packing in delivery boxes can be turned into wrapping paper that kids can color on or a free toy cats can play with for days.
- Empty milk jugs and pop bottles can be made into bird feeders.
- Donate gently used items to your local thrift stores for others to reuse. The picture you’ve had hanging in your entryway for the last decade can be donated and exchanged for a picture that hung in someone else’s entryway for the same decade. It doesn’t have to be brand new, just new to you 🙂
The Internet and especially Pinterest is a great source for finding DIY projects from recycled articles.
Check out my Recycle & Reuse board on Pinterest.com.
Here are some more boards I follow:
Here are a couple good websites I’ve used:
So tell me what you have recycled or re-purposed?
Each time you think before throwing something away can make a difference to the earth.