Mother’s Day is coming up this Sunday so start planning now!
7 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day:
- Browse through family albums. Young kids love to see photos of their parents as kids and older kids will be thoroughly embarrassed with their own baby pictures 🙂 And all kids enjoy looking at old pictures of grandmas and grandpas when they were young.
- Make some scrapbook pages. Use photos or mementos from activities of the past year. Children can express what “mom” means to them with stamps, stickers and markers.
- Read some books about mothers. Cuddle up with your small ones and read about other moms and their young ones. My family always loved Are You My Mother by Dr. Seuss.
- Get outdoors. Go on a picnic, hike through a state park, take a bike ride or go to the beach. Spending time together and outdoors will make lasting memories to scrapbook about next year.
- Honor your own mother and grandmother. Enjoy a light lunch together or a massage at the spa. If your mother or grandmother has passed away, you can write a message on a balloon and release it or plant a tree or flowering bush in their honor.
- Help other mothers. Donate any slightly used children’s items to your neighborhood thrift store to help other mothers struggling to support their families.
- And don’t forget yourself. Be sure to reserve a little time for yourself. Take a luxurious bath without interruption, chat with a friend, take a nice nap, whatever will serve to recharge your batteries in order to survive until another mother’s day 🙂
I wish all the mothers out there a wonderful and happy Mother’s Day!
Be sure to tell me how you like to spend Mother’s Day.