Are you participating in The Great American Read?
100 books were chosen for the possibility of becoming America’s Favorite Book. There’s also a 8-part series on PBS where they talk about the books and the influences they’ve had on us. You are encouraged to read as many as you can and vote for your favorites.
To see the complete list, click here.
I am far from done but I’ve read (recently and in my lifetime): * = Favorites
- 1984 George Orwell
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer Mark Twain
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Lewis Carroll
- And Then There Were None Agatha Christie *
- The Call Of The Wild Jack London *
- Charlotte’s Web E. B. White
- The Chronicles of Narnia C. S. Lewis
- The Clan Of The Cave Bear jean M. Auel *
- Crime and Punishment Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Da Vinci Code Dan Brown *
- Don Quixote Miquel de Cervantes
- Flowers In The Attic V. C. Andrews *
- The Godfather Mario Puzo *
- Gone With The Wind Margaret Mitchell *
- Harry Potter J. K. Rowling *
- Hatchet Gary Paulson
- The Hunt For Red October Tom Clancy *
- The Joy Luck Club Amy Tan *
- Jurassic Park Michael Crichton
- Little Women Louisa May Alcott
- The Lord Of The Rings J. R. R. Tolkien
- Memoirs Of A Geisha Arthur Golden *
- Moby-Dick Herman Melville
- The Picture Of Dorian Gray Oscar Wilde *
- The Pillars Of The Earth Ken Follett *
- Rebecca Daphne du Maurier *
- The Stand Stephen King *
- To Kill A Mockingbird Harper Lee *
- The Twilight Saga Stephanie Meyer
Some of the books listed, I’ve read other books by that same author but not the book on the list.
What books have been your favorites?